Saturday, February 28, 2009

7 weeks!

Well, this is farther than I got last time, technically. I learned that I was likely miscarrying the day before 7 weeks last time. Now, I have no confirmation that things are going well, except for the hormones (which sometimes don't mean much). In the last 48hrs, I have yelled at my husband for no reason, cried at a TV commercial for fabric softener, and felt so queasy and tired that I just wanted to curl up in ball and be left alone. I think the morning sickness (let me get back to that term in a moment) has officially set in. I have very strong food aversions - I seriously have to think out, extensively, everything I put in my mouth, otherwise I'll regret it. I barely have an appetite half the time, and when I do, it's voracious. I know I'm not quite eating the way I'm supposed to, but I'm doing the best I can. I already started off my day with a glass of milk. I really wish milk didn't contain tryptophan, because I'm really tired enough as it is :/ Seriously, I am exhausted 24 hours a day. I never feel like I get enough sleep (and I do, unless sleeping for 10 hours a night doesn't qualify as sufficient). Yesterday I took a 2.5 hour nap when I came home from work, and I actually woke up feeling well rested. It was a miracle. And it was short lived. 2 hours later I was ready for bed.

Ok, let me return to the subject of morning sickness. Who invented this term? I doubt it was a woman. The more I research on the topic, the more I learn that ALL-DAY SICKNESS is more appropriate. For me, it gets really bad in the late afternoon/evening hours. I feel so icky/queasy/gross that it's hard for me to imagine eating dinner or doing much of anything except laying around. Don't get me wrong, I'm not close to throwing up, and for that I am EXTREMELY UTTERLY GRATEFUL, but I'm definitely frustrated with the way I feel. But, if it means my baby is growing strong and healthy, I don't mind feeling this way for the next 7 months or so. 11 more days until the ultrasound!

7w

1 comment:

  1. Yes, "all day sickness" is the appropriate term here! Clearly a man coined the term "morning sickness". I feel the exact same way as you. Hopefully this means sticky babies for both of us!

    ReplyDelete