Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bloat, exhaustion, and allergies

Well, these are my symptoms. I don't really have any nausea/vomiting to speak of, so I will address my other symptoms. Each night, before I go to bed, I look in the mirror and swear I'm about 6 months pregnant. The bloat is undeniable (and uncomfortable!) but somehow reassures me that good things are going on (or, bad things if you're my digestive track...). I am ready for bed by about 3 or 4pm, and typically struggle to get to 10 or 11pm. I wake up 8 hours later, still tired, and ready for a 1-2hr nap (which I then take). Lastly, the allergies are out of control. I feel like I am sneezing every 10 seconds and blowing my nose nearly as often. I typically don't get bad allergies any time of the year, so I'll assume this is some kind of strange pregnancy symptom.

One more week 'til UD (Ultrasound-Day). I am terrified. I am *almost* thinking of putting it off until I return from Florida. I am totally on the fence. There's a part of me which wants to know, one way or the other. Another part of me wonders why I need to know next week, and waiting another 2 weeks would give me a much better ultrasound (bigger baby, more to see) and a relatively relaxed trip to Florida. Last time, I went for my first ultrasound at the mid 6-week mark, and it wasn't good, and I waited another 2 weeks to return for my follow-up. I had a week long trip to the Outerbanks during that time, and it was difficult not knowing what was going on. I still had *some* optimism left that things could be ok. This time around, if the ultrasound looks like it did last time, I'll pretty much know for sure, and then I'd probably have to cancel my trip, I'd think. So, the *only* good thing about getting one next week would be some reassurance if everything measures on schedule (and a heartbeat is seen). I'm not sure it's worth all the confusion/frustration that would ensue if the ultrasound isn't good. I think I'll make my decision by Monday. I just don't know what to do.

5w4d

No comments:

Post a Comment