Saturday, May 30, 2009

21 weeks

Another week! It's so awesome. 52.5% there! Yeah!

B has cleared out both of our offices entirely. My office is becoming the nursery and his is going to become our shared space (that should be interesting). It feels a little overwhelming and sudden, but I'm trying to come around to the idea. We've lived in this house for 2 years so I've become kind of attached to my private space. I know I'm going to have to get over the idea of the lack of privacy pretty damn quick ;) We're going to paint the other room today, and then the next step will be painting the nursery. My mother-in-law has graciously offered to buy us our crib! Yay! We bought our glider last weekend, and it's waiting for us at Babies R' Us so we're going to head over there today to pick it up. It's sooooo comfy!

Yesterday, we attended a beautiful outdoor wedding (the last wedding we attended was our own, and it was outside, so this was cool for us) and I got to see many of my former colleagues, and it was a ton of fun.

And, here's what's going on with the chicken:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.















How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 11lbs
Maternity clothes? Most of the time, but I wore a regular dress to a wedding yesterday and it looked pretty good!
Stretch marks? not yet! I hear that drinking loads of water is a good way to try and avoid them... but I still think they're mostly genetic.
Sleep: pretty good.
Best moment this week: Having B feel the kicks, tied with our actually being able to SEE the baby move in my belly!
Movement: Every day - mainly late at night and first thing in the morning.
Food cravings: None yet
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: nope!
Belly Button in or out? same as last week.
What I miss: Champagne. I was at a wedding yesterday, and while they had sparking cider for the kids and pregnant ladies, it was not the same. I really enjoy a nice glass of champagne every now and again.
What I am looking forward to: my V-day milestone in 3 weeks
Milestone: Regular movement and baby kicks - so fantastic.

My 21 week photo taken after the wedding:



















21w

No comments:

Post a Comment