Friday, May 1, 2009

16 weeks and food poisoning scare!

I love Fridays! I gain a whole new week :)

First things first, here's what's going on with the chicken:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.














Less than 3 weeks until we found out the sex! I'm really leaning towards boy this week because of all the salty foods I've been craving. Last night, I had a snack of pickles and potato chips! I have no real inclination for sure, but that's just my guess. I can't wait to start feeling movements. I know they can take a few more weeks but I'd just love to feel something this week :)

So yeah, I had food poisoning last night for the SECOND time this pregnancy. I feel like such a bad parent :( It was just bad Thai food from a place we go to a lot. B was really sick too (he ended up passing out on the bathroom floor!) so I know for sure it was the food. The baby seems ok and I've listened to the heartbeat on the doppler twice so far today, and I am sure I will again.

My stomach feels ginormous. I swear it looks bigger in person:




















I'm starting to think I should wear something other than my PJ's when I take these pics ;)

16w

1 comment:

  1. My stomach feels way bigger than it looks in pics, too! It's looking a lot like yours - getting more rounded. I love it!

    Sorry to hear about the food poisoning!

    (ENev)

    ReplyDelete