Tuesday, May 5, 2009

AFP results, OB appointment, feeling movements, and SNOOGLE!

First things first, I cannot wait to try my new Snoogle! It just arrived about 10 minutes ago and I want to try it out sooooooo badly! I will try to hold out until tonight :)

I got my AFP bloodwork results and everything is "negative." My chances for Down's and Trisomy are both 1 in 10,000 and neural tube defects (eg. spina bifada) is 1 in 640. Of course, that sounds a lot lower than the others, but I was assured that's just a different range. Whatever the case, I think this baby is pretty healthy :)

I had my monthly OB appointment this morning, with the last doc in my practice. I've officially seen them all now except for the midwife (I'll see her next month). The doc today was Dr. Born. Doesn't get any better than that, right!? Everything checked out OK, and the heartrate was 160, which is line with what it's been. She mentioned that I should start feeling movements in the coming weeks and I let her know that I have definitely been feeling something in the last couple of days. That "popcorn" feeling that everyone talks about has been really prevalent on my right side. It kind of woke me up this morning. It's very neat, though, admittedly, kind of odd.

I got a "permission" note about attending Pre-Natal Yoga which starts in 2 weeks. I can't wait! I hope it doesn't kick my butt. I wouldn't normally feel that way, but I haven't excercised AT ALL since I've been pregnant :( So pathetic. I'm a former athelete who's ridiculously out of shape. So cliché .

Oh, and my weight this morning was 131. So, let's call my weight gain 7 lbs so far. I guess I can live with that.

4 days until vacation!!!! This time next week I'll be at the beach :)

16w4d

1 comment:

  1. I am curious to hear how you like the Snoogle. Definitely post a review! Yay for the awesome test results today!

    ReplyDelete