Monday, May 4, 2009

Weight

In my effort to try and post more...


I have a weird fear at my OB appointment tomorrow morning. 1) I'm afraid to get on their scale. I have to do it with all my clothes on and I know that adds at least 1.5-2lbs. 2) I'm afraid that the OB is going to tell me that I've gained far too much weight for 16 weeks and that I need to go on a diet.

I'm sure this is totally irrational as I'm not overweight, and I started off at a healthy weight (123/124), but having always been pretty slim, it's kind of weird to see the scale at 131/132 and not panic. I've gained about 7lbs so far this pregnancy and ALL of them have been in the last month! If I continue to gain 7lbs/month, I'm going to have gained nearly 50lbs! NOT okay. I'm really going to aim for more like 1lb/week. I think that's the going rate :)

I weighed around 100lbs if not less for my entire high school/college/grad school years. Just in the past 4-5 years, I've gained 20lbs, which actually put me at a healthy BMI as opposed to an underweight BMI (I'm 5'5"). I didn't want to get pregnant at an unhealthy weight, as I know it's not good for the baby. Now I think I am plenty "healthy."

And, not to be gross, but going to the bathroom (which really only happens 2-3x/week at the most) really helps out the weight situation! I'm going to take in just a little extra fiber today :)

16w3d

No comments:

Post a Comment