Friday, May 8, 2009

17 weeks

Woohoo! It's Friday! I'm 17 weeks AND I am heading to the Outerbanks tomorrow!!!!!

A whole week will fly by and by the time I get back, I'll be 18 weeks and I'll only have a few more days until my big ultrasound! It's 12 days from today :)

Nothing new to report - I continue to feel the occasional movement but nothing too strong or noticeable. I had an epic FAIL with the Snoogle the other night. Silly me forgot to wash the cover before I went to bed... I am majorly allergic to whatever stores put on sheets etc. which you're supposed to wash before using them. I just didn't think to wash the Snoogle cover. In the middle of the night, I am coughing, wheezing, gasping for air, so I chucked the thing across the room. Haven't used it since :/ I will wash the cover when I get back from OBX and try again.

Here's what is going on this week:
How your baby's growing:
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.














I'm pretty horrified with the photo this week... moving right along...

I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and do the survey I see in everyone else's blog:
How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Around 7/8 lbs
Maternity clothes? I have one pair of jeans that still fits but otherwise, 100% maternity clothes. I'm even busting out my maternity swimsuits for this trip!
Stretch marks? not yet!
Sleep: a few bouts of insomnia but otherwise, OK
Best moment this week: Feeling the "popcorn" movements
Movement: See above
Food cravings: Nothing in particular
Gender: No clue, but if I really had to guess - boy
Labor Signs: nope!
Belly Button in or out? I've always been an outtie
What I miss: alcohol, particularly because I'm going on the OBX trip tomorrow, and this is the 2nd time I've gone on this trip and not been able to drink (was pregnant last September when we went)
What I am looking forward to: less than 2 weeks to find out the gender!
Milestone: Being able to actually feel the chicken, even just a little!

And lastly, two belly photos (clothed and unclothed)















See you next week!

17w

No comments:

Post a Comment