Saturday, May 16, 2009

18 weeks (and 1 day)

I'm back from my trip! Sooooooo much fun. The week flew by. I'm sure the days are going to drag on as I have 4 left to go until the big day (ultrasound)

How your baby's growing:
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.




















How far along? 18 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: Around 10/11 lbs (not psyched about gaining 2 or 3lbs in 8 days, BUT, I did weigh myself in the evening, and I've been on vacation this week, so I am trying to cut myself some slack)
Maternity clothes? Even busted out the maternity swimsuits this past week.
Stretch marks? not yet!
Sleep: Not bad this week
Best moment this week: Feeling more movement in the last 2 days after not feeling much at all since last week.
Movement: See above
Food cravings: Nothing in particular
Gender: I am guessing boy - will find out in 4 days! AGHHHH!
Labor Signs: nope!
Belly Button in or out? I'm pretty confident that it's going to pop out some time in the coming months
What I miss: Going in the hot tub with the jets on above 99 degrees (the folks I went on the trip with were good sports about keeping the temp down when I went in).
What I am looking forward to: The big ultrasound on Wednesday
Milestone: Looking like a half-way decent pregnant lady :)

While I didn't take an actual belly pic this past week, here are a couple bathing suit shots from the beach:




18w1d

No comments:

Post a Comment