Sunday, June 21, 2009

24 weeks - VDAY!

YAY! I am ridiculously excited to be 24 weeks today :) What a huge milestone accomplished. My next big goal is 28 weeks. I'm feeling pretty good physically, and I've been fairly active lately. I've been trying to drink a ton of water, especially on the hotter days.

This is a late night update, and I am pretty exhausted, having hosted a little BBQ for about 10 friends tonight, so I will get right to it, and show you all what is going on with the chicken this week:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
















How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 11/12 lbs. I am so bad and I lost a lb. or so this week. It's been really stressful :(
Maternity clothes? Mostly
Stretch marks? not sure, although I think I spotted a little something on my side, lower down. I can't really tell what it is, but I am hoping it's not a stretch mark.
Sleep: Pretty good this week
Best moment this week: Multiple people telling me how great I look and how I don't look at all like 6 months. Last night, a dear friend said to me that I was the most beautiful pregnant woman she'd ever seen :)
Movement: Every day, multiple times a day.
Food cravings: Nada
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: Not at all, thankfully.
Belly Button in or out? Neither. I'm guessing 3-4 more weeks 'til poppage.
What I miss: my husband :( he's away until the 30th.
What I am looking forward to: my baby shower! It's set for the weekend of August 8th!
Milestone: VIABILITY DAY! And, allowing myself to have about 2oz of white wine tonight with dinner. It was heavenly :)




















24w

1 comment: