Tuesday, June 2, 2009

21 week appt.

I had a very quick appointment today with the midwife. She's the last person for me to see in the rotation - now I can see whomever I want to when I go in. I'll probably stick mainly with my primary OB because I prefer her, but I'll try to mix it up a bit with the other docs as well.

Of course the obligatory weigh-in came first and I was shocked (and happy) to learn that I've only gained 10lbs per their scale, from the first visit until now. I thought it was more like 11 or 12. I'm actually on the "low" end of the normal weight gain for my week, so I'm very pleased with that.

Next, my blood pressure was checked and it was 140/75. YIKES! I panicked until the nurse asked if I was rushing to get the appointment. I explained that I had Pre-natal yoga right afterwards and I had parked in the lot closest to my yoga class and walked to my the doctor's office (half-mile in 90* heat) so she said it was no big deal. Also, the midwife came in and said that my BP was fine and no need to re-check unless I wanted her to. I did ask if at the end of the appt. (which was literally 5 minutes long, at the most) I could get it re-checked. It was 117/70 at the end. It's funny because I've always heard that midwives are a little more patient and have a better bedside manner than OB's. I actually prefer the 3 OB's in the office to the midwife. Oh well. I'll just assume she won't be on call when I deliver. I'm praying that my own doc happens to be on call, but I really think I have like a 10% chance of that happening based on all the factors.

The midwife also said my due date should stay the same as it was for the first appointment. I give up on these damn due dates. He'll come when he's ready! I'm not changing my ticker again, and I'm just going to go on the size he was 2 weeks ago. I don't think he's going to start shrinking any time soon!

21w2d

No comments:

Post a Comment