Sunday, June 7, 2009

22 weeks

Another week down... but I feel like I'm in this weird in-between place. I don't love the early 20 weeks. I'd rather be past the point of viability more than just about anything. I still have another 2 weeks to go before Liam would stand a chance outside of me. I've been a lot more emotional lately, and in part, I think it's just due to my worrying about whether something could happen. I'm so grateful for every kick/movement that I feel, even when it keeps me up at night, or wakes me up in the morning, or just simply feels weird when I am trying to do something.

I've had a terrible case of pregnancy brain lately. I forget what my train of thought is half the time, I've left my back door wide open when I go to work, and I've forgotten several things I need at my office, at home, only to have to turn back and retrieve them. These are things I never, and I mean never, did in the past.

We spent all afternoon at Ikea yesterday, which normally wouldn't be a big deal, but I just get so uncomfortable standing/walking for that length of time anymore. My back was absolutely killing me by the end of the day. I actually asked be to check for bruises this morning because that's what it felt like. I did cap the day with a manicure & pedicure, which I desperately needed.

Here's what's going on with my baby chicken this week:
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.


















How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 10-11lbs (it's hard to say because my doctor's office claims I've gained 10 lbs and I weigh the exact same as I did this week at the office, maybe plus a half a lb. so I think somewhere between 10-11). If it were just based on my scale, I think I'd say 12.
Maternity clothes? Most of the time, but I wore a regular t-shirt yesterday, which is always nice.
Stretch marks? not yet! I am getting scared though and will probably start applying the cocoa butter this week. I've been drinking tons of water though.
Sleep: Hit or miss. Last 2 nights haven't been great. If I wake up on my back, it's very uncomfortable.
Best moment this week: Getting some big compliments on how I look during pregnancy :)
Movement: Every day - an sometimes see him move at night, which is really cool.
Food cravings: None
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: nope, thankfully.
Belly Button in or out? it's basically on par with the rest of my stomach. I'll give it another 4 weeks or less to pop.
What I miss: Being able to move around freely. Spent 4 hours walking around Ikea yesterday and I felt like I'd been hit by a bus.
What I am looking forward to: V-Day in 2 weeks, and also B returning from a very scary place in about 3.5 weeks (he leaves next week :( )
Milestone: Another week down...

Here's another bare belly pic. I feel very brave for doing this as my stomach gets bigger and bigger ;)




















22w

No comments:

Post a Comment