Saturday, June 13, 2009

23 weeks

It's been a great weekend. The weather is super warm, I've spent a lot of time outside, and gotten some exercise through walking and playing at the dog park. B was supposed to leave tonight for a trip to the scary land, but it's 50/50 on whether he'll leave tomorrow or go at all. Of course I am praying that he doesn't go, but I'm prepared for the fact that he will. This will be the last time that he leaves at all during this pregnancy, so I am grateful for that! I have lots of fun things planned for the time he's scheduled to be away so that will help. By the time he returns, it will be July. This summer is totally flying. I can't believe I'm having a baby in the fall!!!!

Speaking of the baby:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when she hears them outside the womb.















How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 12lbs - it's weird because my weight gain seems to have come to a near stand still. Somehow I am sure I'll manage to gain 20lbs in the coming 14-17 weeks!
Maternity clothes? Mostly
Stretch marks? not yet! I've been applying my cocoa/shea lotion daily, or 2x per day. Feels great.
Sleep: Pretty good this week
Best moment this week: Getting a lot of stranger comments on my belly :)
Movement: Every day, like clockwork at 10:30-11pm. So cute.
Food cravings: Nothing (when is this going to happen!?)
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: nope - and I am so grateful for that. One more week until V-day.
Belly Button in or out? It's gone. It will pop in July (or sooner) I bet.
What I miss: Never having to think about whether I should eat a particular food or not (ie. sushi, medium rare steak, etc.)
What I am looking forward to: One more week until V-day when I can breathe some sort of sigh of relief.
Milestone: Another week down...




















23w

No comments:

Post a Comment