Sunday, August 2, 2009

30 weeks!!!

Wow, I'm 75% finished with pregnancy. And, in all candor, it has not been difficult. I am certain that the difficult weeks lie ahead, but for the most part, it has really been a breeze, and mostly enjoyable. The little chicken moves around ALL the time, sometimes I can't get him to stop! It's such a neat feeling, one that I can imagine I will miss greatly when not pregnant. I am starting to see why Michelle Duggar has done this 18 times (19?). Ok not really.

I've had a few frustrating moments this week, namely when I got called "huge" by a girl who was 13 weeks behind me (and just as big as I am now, but that's ok). Also, I went to my cousin's Bris for her new son, and while everyone there commented on how tiny I was, or how good I looked, or how well I was carrying, my uncle told me that I couldn't possibly get any bigger and that I looked like I was going to pop any day now. In all fairness, he told his own daughter how fat she was throughout her pregnancy, so I guess I should be grateful that he wasn't that harsh to me, but some people just have no tact.

At the airport parking lot today, the cashier looked into our car and said "You're having a boy, right?" It's amazing to me how many people have guessed correctly that it's a boy. Not one person has ever asked me if I was having a girl. I hope to find out what I look like carrying a girl, because clearly, this isn't it!

I had my last monthly OB appointment this week. Everything was normal. Measuring on time, BP was good (120/70), heartrate normal, etc. I start going every 2 weeks beginning with a week from Thursday. I can't believe it. Soon enough it'll be every week. Am I ready for this!?

We're going for the 3rd attempt at a 3d/4d ultrasound on Thursday. The little stinker was totally stubborn at our 2nd attempt, and for most of the time, he had both hands, feet, and umbilical cord strategically placed right in front of his face. If it doesn't work this week, we're just going to have to wait until his birthday to find out what he looks like! I'm starting to get a little jealous of all the ladies who have really clear pictures of their kids, and can easily compare their newborn photos to the ultrasound photos. Oh well.

Here's what's going on with the little man this week:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

















How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain: 20lbs
Maternity clothes? Mostly
Stretch marks? Nothing on my belly yet. Fingers crossed.
Sleep: Still haven't woken up to pee. Very tired some days even when I seem to sleep pretty well.
Best moment this week: Realizing how lucky I am to have gotten this far in pregnancy without a single complication. I know anything is possible at this point, but I am very grateful.
Movement: All.the.time.
Food cravings: Nope
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: None. He's still head down (I can always tell, because of the hiccups!)
Belly Button in or out? It's ever so slightly raised up at the top part, but not "popped" yet.
What I miss: Not being thoroughly exhausted on a regular basis.
What I am looking forward to: My baby shower in 1 week!!
Milestone: Making it to the "30's" weeks.




















30w

No comments:

Post a Comment