Sunday, August 23, 2009

33 weeks

82.5% there! Holy crap :)

I am feeling so unprepared and I am dying for this nesting instinct to kick in. I have done NOTHING baby-wise this weekend. B and I did a whole bunch of things this weekend together, which has been quite nice. We went out and had Indian food on Friday night, and then yesterday we went to the movies and saw The Time Traveler's Wife, which was excellent. Not as good as the book (when is that the case!?) but very good. Then we went to Cosi and shared a mini-pizza and hot chocolate as it was pouring outside, came home and watched another movie and went to bed. It was a wonderful day. Today I've just been relaxing around the house, and we're having 3 friends over for dinner later so I'm simmering my infamous bolognese.

I've really got to get cracking on the baby stuff! I'm going to organize some things this week for sure, and get the nursery more in order. I have a month left of work, and then I am really going to get a lot done. I can't believe I'll just not be working in 4 short weeks. Not that I've been doing my job forever, but 5 years is a while, and I adore what I do, so it's hard to imagine that I won't be doing it every day. But, it's all worth it!! :)

Wanted to give a shoutout to my friend Tara who wasn't able to make it to my shower, but gave me some unbelievably wonderful gifts - diapers, clothes, socks, lotions/shampoos, toys, stuffed animals, bibs, etc.














This is what Liam is up to this week: This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

What a big boy! I have a feeling he might even be a little bigger than that... I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks, so I guess I will find out then though I know that can be off by a pound or so. If he's born full term, my guess is that he'll be close to 8lbs. Maybe 7lbs13oz. That's my official guess :) B continues to say all the time that he's coming early... maybe he'll be a September baby afterall. Just as long as he's not an August baby!!!

How far along? 33 weeks
Total weight gain: 23lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Too many on the left side of my butt to count, but still none on my tummy.
Sleep: Not too bad this week. I still haven't gotten up in the middle of the night to pee!
Best moment this week: Spending some quality time with the husband, as there won't be too much of that left as a family of two :/
Movement: All the time. The rib kicks are hard to handle.
Food cravings: I enjoyed a full day of junk food yesterday, but nothing was really a craving...
Gender: little guy
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? it's a millimeter out
What I miss: Being able to bend over and pick things up
What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery organized
Milestone: I'm still grateful for each week which passes successfully. I'm in no rush for Liam to arrive at this point!




















33w

No comments:

Post a Comment