Monday, August 10, 2009

31 weeks (+1 day)

Sorry for the late update. This is my first opportunity to sit down and type. It's been a whirlwind of a weekend. On Friday, my oldest and dearest friend arrived from Philadelphia and we went on a dinner cruise on the Potomac that night with B and my mother-in-law and 2 dear friends. It was a wonderful time.















Yesterday was my wonderful baby shower. I cannot say enough good things about it. We have super generous friends and family. We still have quite a bit to purchase off our registry but we certainly received many things to get us started.





















Here's what my little guy is up to this week:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

















How far along? 31 weeks
Total weight gain: 20.5lbs
Maternity clothes? Mostly
Stretch marks? Nothing on my belly
Sleep: Very good this past week. Sleeping on my sides more.
Best moment this week: Seeing all of my wonderful friends at the baby shower
Movement: All day long
Food cravings: Nope
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: Just a lot of Braxton Hicks but nothing major
Belly Button in or out? It's threatening to pop but not yet
What I miss: My skinny jeans
What I am looking forward to: Finishing the nursery and organizing all of the gifts/clothes we received.
Milestone: I feel like I'm in the home stretch at this point even though I could easily have another 2.5 months.




















31w1d

No comments:

Post a Comment