Sunday, August 30, 2009

34 weeks

I'm starting to get into that "OMG how are we going to get everything done?" mode. We have somewhere between 3-7 weeks to get this all together. I have faith that everything will get done, but it's starting to become super real that in the next month or so, there's going to be another person living in my house :)

I'm still doing pretty well, even though I feel utterly huge at this point. I keep wondering how much bigger my stomach can get! I'm happy with my weight gain, but I just can't imagine that my stomach is ever going to look normal again :/

This is one of my favorite updates so far: Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which he'll need to regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Not that I've really been worried about pre-term labor, but it sounds like he'd be totally fine, which makes me happy. I was born on my due date, so I'll assume I'm having an October baby, which is fine with me!

How far along? 34 weeks
Total weight gain: 24.5lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Butt - yes, stomach - no.
Sleep: Some nights are better than others, but I'm actually not too tired for the most part.
Best moment this week: Setting my end date for work. 2 weeks! Wow.
Movement: Even though he's a little cramped in there, he seems to be moving just fine.
Food cravings: None
Gender: boy
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? it's *technically* out but it hasn't "popped" yet.
What I miss: not getting out of breath after walking around the block with the dogs
What I am looking forward to: Nesting
Milestone: It seems like 34 weeks is a viable/acceptable age for a baby to be born without problems.




















34w

No comments:

Post a Comment