Sunday, August 16, 2009

32 weeks

Woohoo! It's been a pretty good week. Today I had maternity photos shot at a national park (Great Falls) by my dear friend, an amazing photographer. Can't wait until he sends me the shots! For now you'll have to settle for my iPhone 32 week belly, but I guess there are worse things in life...

I'm happy to have made it to 32 weeks. I'm anxious to get to 37 but 32 is a great milestone. Little Liam would likely do very well if he were born now, though I am convinced he is perfectly content where he is. My bump is still pretty high so I'm not too concerned with him being a preemie.

Here's what's going on with my little chicken:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

This is where I will stop comparing my baby to fruits and vegetables. I think everyone gets the sense of his size at this point :)

How far along? 32 weeks
Total weight gain: 22lbs
Maternity clothes? 9 times out of 10
Stretch marks? Still using my cocoa/shea butter lotion and hoping for the best
Sleep: Past few days have been crappy. I think my size is starting to get to me!
Best moment this week: Getting the whistle blown at me today for taking maternity photos at Great Falls national park, on some rocks overlooking the falls. As my friend the photographer pointed out, why did the security guy think it was a good idea to blow a whistle at a pregnant lady who could have gotten scared and went tumbling to her death? He was about 5 feet from me. He could have whispered to me and I would have heard him...
Movement: Sometimes even painful ones (foot in the ribs? not sure)
Food cravings: I think I am going to miss out on this experience this pregnancy
Gender: He still has a penis
Labor Signs: Nothing, and grateful for it.
Belly Button in or out? It's teetering
What I miss: Being able to go out with my friends to a bar/restaurant without having to worry about if there's smoke or not.
What I am looking forward to: The nesting phase. Hasn't kicked in yet.
Milestone: 32 weeks was my last big achievement. Next is full term (37 weeks).




















32w

No comments:

Post a Comment