Sunday, July 26, 2009

29 weeks

Do I really only have 8-11 weeks to go? Unreal. The first trimester moved like pond water, but so far, I feel like the third is flying. I'm afraid I won't get everything done in time! We still need to put together the dresser/changing table in the nursery, put stuff in the walls, and purchase a ton of general items.

Yesterday, we tried to go for a 3d/4d ultrasound. Liam would NOT cooperate :( We tried desperately for 20 minutes to try to get him to move so we could get a shot of his face, but no such luck. The tech explained that he was so far head down, that she couldn't catch the light a certain way. It's funny because just the night before he was transverse (lying across my stomach) and he literally moved into what is technically the correct position the morning of the ultrasound. I can always tell where he is because of his hiccuping. He hiccups at least once a day, but usually 2-3 times. Luckily, we get to back in on Tuesday night and try again. I hope he cooperates!

I am finding that I am just as tired as I was in the 1st trimester :( I can really use an afternoon nap, and when I don't get it, I feel like a zombie by about 4 or 5pm. I'm typically sleeping through the night (have yet to get up to pee since about 10 weeks!) unless I wake up to switch positions. I think I may have to bring out the Snoogle again because I'm having a bit of a hard time getting comfortable.

Here's what's going on this week:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.




















How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain: 19lbs
Maternity clothes? Mostly
Stretch marks? Nothing new, still only a couple on my butt on the left side.
Sleep: Ok. Feeling really tired, but typically still sleeping through the night with the exception of waking up to change positions
Best moment this week: Having the entire family see my belly move.
Movement: Constantly. Especially jabs, rolls, and of course, hiccups
Food cravings: Nada
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: None. He's head down, very low, but nothing other than Braxton Hicks on occasion.
Belly Button in or out? The top part is threatening to pop, but it hasn't happened yet.
What I miss: Being able to jet ski.
What I am looking forward to: Hopefully getting a real glimpse of Liam on Tuesday.
Milestone: 72.5% there! Wow!




















29w

No comments:

Post a Comment