Sunday, July 12, 2009

27 weeks

I'm still really enjoying being pregnant! I wonder when that will end. We had our all day baby prep class yesterday. It was super informative, which was way more helpful for B than it was for me. There was nothing new for me! I guess I am well informed ;) Even the birth videos didn't phase me, as I've seen probably 50 on YouTube. I will say that the forceps delivery was simply awful and I would absolutely refuse forceps. Same thing for an episiotomy. I believe that natural tearing is the way to go - your body will do what it needs to do. There are way too many medical interventions out there which are simply unnecessary. Actually, the one thing I did learn was that the epidural does not effect your baby whatsoever. I mean, I knew it wasn't harmful but I didn't realize it has no effect. So, to me, it makes a little more sense to go that route now. Not that I was against it before, but I was a little hesitant because I heard of "side effects" on the baby, but apparently those are just myths. The thing which scares me the most about the epidural is the catheter. I know you can't feel it - it just freaks me out to no end. They put it in well after your epidural is in place, and they take it out just before delivery (I guess so you can pee all over your doctor!) Either way, that scares me more than a needle in the spine...

Here's what's going on with little Liam:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

















How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain: 16 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Mostly but I wore a completely non-maternity outfit to a friend's birthday party on Friday night!
Stretch marks? nothing new
Sleep: Pretty good for the most part. Have yet to wake up to pee in the middle of the night.
Best moment this week: Sitting through an all-day childbirth prep class (including post-partum and breastfeeding) and realizing that I knew every single thing that was discussed ;)
Movement: All the time
Food cravings: Nada.
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: Not at all. Still grateful for that. Had a couple of more Braxton-Hicks, but nothing major.
Belly Button in or out? Hasn't popped yet.
What I miss: my skinny jeans.
What I am looking forward to: BabyMoon on Friday!
Milestone: 3rd trimester :)


27w

1 comment:

  1. You look so tiny still!!
    I think I would give myself a heart attack if I watched a bunch of birthing videos, you have guts!

    ReplyDelete