Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Two weeks from today is my NT scan. The doctor's office called me and asked me to move it up one day because the doctor will be away at a conference the next day. So, my appointment is 2 weeks from today. I really wanted it to be more towards 12ish weeks, but oh well. This is when they could do it. The date is very bittersweet for me. March 31st will mark the 13 anniversary of my mother's passing. So, on one hand, it will be great to see the babe again, but on the other hand, that day always brings great sadness to me. I'm just hoping that all looks good, and we can start to tell people afterwards. I think after the NT scan, and hearing the heartbeat on the doppler, I will feel a bit more relaxed. Speaking of dopplers, I found a really good one on eBay yesterday for $99 with free shipping (the Hi Bebe) and it *might* pick up the heartbeat at 10 weeks, but I won't get discouraged if I can't hear it. At least, I'll try not to! Doctors encourage use of home dopplers until you can feel the baby move and then you're supposed to rely on feeling movements to make sure everything is OK. So I'm glad I'll have it on hand and I should get at least 2 good months out of it.

Otherwise, I'm doing pretty well. Still extremely tired all the time, and queasiness that is typically throughout the day, except when my belly is full of food. I think I've gotten off fairly easy in terms of sickness - no throwing up or close to it. I got on the scale yesterday and I weighed exactly the same as I did before I got pregnant, so that was nice. I can't imagine putting on 30lbs in the next 7 months...

Once again - Happy St. Patrick's Day! B has taken to calling the babe "Chicken MacNugget" - for those who know our last name, it's cute, because our name begins with "Mac." But today, he's calling the baby "Chicken MCNugget" hehehe. He's funny.

9w4d

No comments:

Post a Comment