Friday, March 13, 2009

9 weeks

Yay! I feel like every week is such a huge accomplishment. I had my first OB appointment, and while I didn't see my usual doctor, I saw another doctor who I had seen once or twice before and is sooo nice. Really like her. It was a fairly standard appointment... pee in a cup, answer a boatload of questions about family history, genetic stuff, etc. and then because it has been nearly a year since my last annual appointment, I got all of that taken care of as well, so at least I won't have to deal with that until next spring. Then, I gave some more blood (4th time so far this pregnancy) and made another appointment (with my regular OB) for April 7th. I got a referral for the NT scan (my next ultrasound which rules out chromosomal issues) for April 1st, so 19 more days until I get to see the little chicken again! I'll be nearly 12 weeks at that point, and the ultrasound *should* be an abdominal one, which is nice.

I've been more nauseous than ever before. The last couple of days have been the worst. Yesterday I felt pretty bad all day long, and I was totally exhausted. I think I tend to feel less icky when I get plenty of sleep at night. Today has been much better, though it's now mid-afternoon, and I'm fighting to stay awake. I've definitely not been as queasy. I think what I eat helps contribute to how I feel. So far today, I've had: A bowl of Rice Krispies with 1% milk, 1/2 grapefruit, peanut butter & jelly sandwich on oatmeal bread, and 2 glasses of water. Yesterday I had a ton of sushi (cooked!) for lunch and perhaps that's why I felt so terribly throughout the rest of the day. I guess it's possibly that my little one has not developed sushi taste buds yet...

One of the best parts about my doctor's visit was my doctor asking if she could refer patients to me for therapy. There's nothing better than easy referrals like that... my regular GP refers all mental health patients to me, and once in a while, my chiropractor does as well. Of course now that I'm thinking of it, I wish I had mentioned to the doc that I'd be very interested in receiving refferals of women who have dealt with pregnancy loss. I feel like I am uniquely qualified in this arena, and I'd even consider starting a group for women who have had to go through this unfortunate experience. Well, I'll be back in a month, and I suppose I can mention it then.

9w

No comments:

Post a Comment