Sunday, September 27, 2009

38 weeks

I can't believe how close I am getting to the end.

At my weekly doctor's appointment this week, they drew my blood for a fasting glucose, based on the baby's size, and just to rule out GD just in case I was one of the few who slipped through the cracks. I got the results the next day and my fasting level was 75 or 76 (normal range is 70-99) so I am totally fine there, and do not have GD (which I really didn't think I had). I just have a big baby boy I suppose!

Only a couple more of these updates to go!
Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old.

How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain: 29lbs - I guess I will end up close to my 30lb goal, which I am happy with.
Maternity clothes? Some of my maternity shirts don't cover the bottom of my belly, which is kind of funny. My stomach is straight out, so I am not surprised by this, but it's just funny to look at.
Stretch marks? Still crossing my fingers every day that they stay where they're at, and don't start creeping around to my belly.
Sleep: A few good nights this week, and I don't actually feel sleepy most of the time. However, sleeping is probably the most uncomfortable thing to do at this point, rivaled with actually getting out of the bed in the morning. Although, I still am sleeping through the night in terms of having to pee. This is quite rare, I'm sure.
Best moment this week: Having an appointment with my regular OB (who was my doc for a few years before I was pregnant) who laid things out on the table for me (more on that in a few days).
Movement: Still regular movements, though I've really been trying to pay attention to this more than I have in the past, because I know that as he runs out of room, his movements change a bit.
Food cravings: Yesterday, I really wanted Thai food. Badly. Maybe this was a craving. Although, honestly, this happened to me all the time when not pregnant. I just really like Thai food :)
Gender: boy
Labor Signs: I might have had a contraction on Friday night. It started on my left side of my back and radiated toward the front. It could have been anything else, too. Nothing else has happened since then.
Belly Button in or out? Not popped.
What I miss: Being able to walk normally.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting my son. I am actually starting to get really excited/anxious as the end is so close.
Milestone: I'm so grateful to have made it this far, and know that he'd probably (HOPEFULLY) be healthy if born right now. It's such a miracle, and I am grateful every single day for this.




















38w

No comments:

Post a Comment