Sunday, September 20, 2009

37 weeks (Full term - ahh!)

This is what I got from Baby Center this morning:

Congratulations! Your baby is full-term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away. He weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.

So, my little guy is probably a pound more than that, and longer than 19 inches. I am dying to see what he looks like. I can most certainly wait a few more weeks, though I am actually starting to get uncomfortable. It's hit or miss with my feet. Some days they are swollen, and some days they look fine. I am trying to get a daily foot massage, which really helps.

I'm trying to relax though this week has been a bit hectic. I had a friend staying at my house all weekend, and a few of us went to a very late show (midnight) on Friday night and I didn't get home until near 3. I had a seat the whole time, but I was a bit uncomfortable. The show was amazing though, and I'm really glad I went. I took a 20 min cat nap earlier in the day and that really helped. I also made a big Rosh Hashana dinner that night, so there was definitely a lot going on. I relaxed during the day yesterday until my friend's birthday dinner at one of my favorite restaurants that night. Today has been laundry and relaxing.

I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, and hopefully I will get some answers then. I'm doing a fasting glucose test that morning too, just to make absolute sure that everything is ok with that. I know I passed the GD test, but it only screens like 85% of people with GD or something. I mean, I am thinking it is too late to do anything if I were to be in the 3% of the population who actually has GD. Again, not really concerned but so curious as to why this little guy is so big! I'm in the home stretch now and things are becoming increasingly more real - especially when I have friends who were due around my time who already have their babies!

Here's hopefully one of my last weekly surveys:

How far along? 37 weeks
Total weight gain: 28lbs (I'm glad it's the same number as last week!)
Maternity clothes? I wore an outfit last night that was entirely non maternity. It was fun :)
Stretch marks? My butt is not a pretty sight, but some how, some way, there are none on my stomach.
Sleep: Pretty bad overall :(
Best moment this week: Receiving an honorary pregnant lady award for going to a midnight show on Friday night and staying out until 3am :P AND,having an awesome time.
Movement: Still a lot, which is nice. Last night before bed, Liam was poking his knee or elbow through my skin so hard that my stomach looked like a tent. It was so wild.
Food cravings: I've gotten through the whole pregnancy without cravings or aversions. Amazing.
Gender: boy
Labor Signs: I *thought* I was having contractions on my left side yesterday. They felt like ovulation pains, but I think I was mistaken. I think it was a trapped gas bubble that just bothered me every few minutes.
Belly Button in or out? I guess it isn't going to "pop." I'm not disappointed but I really thought it would.
What I miss: Sleeping comfortably.
What I am looking forward to: A whole week of nothing to do! Maternity leave is fabulous.
Milestone: Full term. This is really incredible. He can be born at any time (especially as he's in the 90th percentile for size!!!!!) and be fine.




















37w

No comments:

Post a Comment