Sunday, October 11, 2009

40 weeks - last pregnancy update!

Wow. I've made it. I am at full term with my pregnancy and everything has gone according to plan (so far). I can only hope and pray that things continue to be so great. I feel like the luckiest person alive. I also truly feel like I could be pregnant for the rest of my life. Ok maybe not THIS pregnant, but around 6/7 months was pretty fantastic. By next week, my belly will be deflating and I won't feel all those amazing kicks, rolls, turns, tickles, rib punches, hiccups. This was my first full term pregnancy and I will never, ever forget how incredible it was.

Here is the last update from babycenter:
It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. The biggest part of your baby's body is his head, but his still-pliable skull will give it the flexibility necessary to squeeze through the birth canal. Many parents are surprised by how long and sharp their newborn's nails are from the get-go. Clipping them right away (ask a nurse for help) can prevent your baby from scratching his face.

How far along? 40 weeks. Wow.
Total weight gain: 30.5lbs. Yay. I actually thought I was going to gain more, but I am so happy I met my goal :) I wonder how long it will take me to lose.
Maternity clothes? I wore some non-maternity shirts the last couple of days, just for fun. It's nice that they can fit.
Stretch marks? I have them on my butt, and some extremely light ones around my belly button, but because they're so new, I think they will fade quickly. Wishful thinking, I suppose. The lotions seemed to actually help.
Sleep: I slept from midnight - 7:30am this morning. I think that's pretty good. I can't imagine that I'll sleep much at all tonight.
Best moment this week: Realizing how much my life is going to change. I am responsible for another person.
Movement: Still lots of great moving around. I am going to miss this more than I can put into words.
Food cravings: Yep, made it through the entire pregnancy without any weird cravings.
Gender: Baby boy Liam
Labor Signs: None whatsoever. Liam is perfectly content with where he is, and if he wasn't getting an eviction notice tomorrow, I bet he'd stay for another 2 weeks if he could.
Belly Button in or out? It's totally gone. I wonder what it will look like in a couple of months. Never did pop though.
What I miss: Well, just for this week, I miss feeling calm and worry free.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting my son.
Milestone: I have made it full term with an uncomplicated pregnancy. I feel so fortunate, blessed and lucky. Having suffered a loss in the past, that experience makes this one even more special, as I prayed for this little guy to thrive, for me to be able to carry him to term, and here I am.

Ok, here's my very last belly pic. All my good stuff is packed, so please excuse the fact that I am wearing B's pajamas which make me look about a thousand times bigger than I am ;) And just for comparison, I'll put it next to my 4 week photo too.


40w

4 comments:

  1. Our bellies look really similar. :) I gained 35 pounds, though - and he's not out yet!!

    I'm going to miss the movements inside my belly more than I could possibly say, too ... but I guess it's inevitable that they do come out, and it'll be even more wonderful having them here with us!

    I'm so excited for you to meet your little boy tomorrow!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck today! I can't wait to see the update from you and pix of your little Liam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I am off to the hospital in a little while. Nervous but excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! good luck! good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete