Thursday, April 23, 2009

I made it through the day :)

Yesterday is over, and today is a much nicer day. Today is actually the 15th anniversary of my Bat Mitzvah (for non-Jews: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_Mitzvah). My dad is here visiting, and we've spent some nice time together. We had a great dinner last night at a Korean BBQ restaurant. I am sure I ate tons of things I shouldn't have (cold kimchee/cabbage, salad-y type things) and then you cook your own meat over the grill. I made sure to cook everything for a while, but I wouldn't say it's the most sanitary way of dining ;) I've done this twice now since I've been pregnant, and I doubt it'll be the last! I am careful not to consume certain things - I've avoided tuna entirely, alcohol, raw fish... but everything else is pretty fair game. I'm just not one of those super-duper cautious people. I'm that way with my dogs too, and in 7.5 years, and 3.5 years respectively, I've *never* had to take them to the vet unless it was an annual appointment. I'm sure they do things they shouldn't, but all in moderation. I've also never had major problems in my own life. I've been to the ER only one time (for a minor allergic reaction) and only had surgery once (D&C) but otherwise, I'm a pretty healthy person. Sure, genetics probably plays a role, but I'd also like to attribute it to my lifestyle.

Oh well. I'm off to lick the floors now ;)

14w6d

No comments:

Post a Comment