Friday, January 29, 2010

Trucking along...

The weeks fly by with an infant! Liam is rapidly approaching his 4th month and perhaps the start of solids. I feel like this kid is never full! He still wakes up during the night to eat, which is getting kind of old. Last night, we put him down at 8:30, and he didn't finish his bottle and woke up at 9:15 for the rest. Then he woke up around 1:30 and had 7.5oz and then again at 5am for another 4oz, and then finally at 7am for another 4. I am sure he's going throw a growth spurt (he has literally outgrown some pants he was wearing earlier in the week) and the stuff on top of his head that I hesitate to refer to as hair (fuzz?) seems to be growing longer by the day. He's very close to 16lbs (we bought an infant/toddler scale last night which is high on the list of unnecessary but fun purchases) and I'm sure he'll be well over 16 by his 4 month check up in a week and a half. I'm dreading his shots :( He did ok last time, but was super fussy the following 2 days. He didn't have a fever but I did end up giving him tylenol at one point as he seemed like he was in pain. Perhaps this time around I will give him a little tylenol right before the shots so the pain doesn't get too bad.

Other than that, being a Mommy is still pretty darn amazing :) In spite of his several recent night wakings, Liam's a really great kid with a happy/easy disposition! I am pretty lucky.

Liam is 3.5 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment